17 October 2017
Currently I have writer’s block, so as I struggle to make my brain work, I’ve decided to try to make my blog as “trending” as possible. Today has marked three years that I have been with WordPress, and it has become a journey that I have found enlightening and fun. I wouldn’t ever go back to other blogs I’ve tried in the post, or even a free website, because WordPress has become so worth it. But on my 3rd anniversary here, I realize that all of my blog’s followers may not know me as well as I would have hoped, even after reading my About Me page.
So now is the chance, everyone, to tell you 15 top things about me, because 15 is quite a lot. But in return, I would LOVE to hear from all of you – what do you like to read about on WordPress or on any blog in general? What are your favorite topics to read about? What interests you the most? What are your favorite hobbies? I would love to hear about you, in order to make my own blog more interesting and fun! Also, for all of you writers/book nerds out there: what books/genres do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors? Are you more apt to buy books online or buy them in store yourselves? Do you prefer hardback or paperback books?
In general, I would just love to hear from all of my followers! What caused you to want to follow me? What intrigued me to you?
Thank you, thank you, thank you – my dear, wonderful followers – for deciding to follow little ol’ me. I hope that in the future, I create blog stories that make you think and filled with a never-ending intrigue to learn more! 🙂 And now, to mark off the three years of being on this fun blog website, below are 15 things about me that you would not have guessed otherwise. Enjoy, and feel free to share your own thoughts in comments! 🙂
- I am a Christian. (Click the link for more details on this.)
- I have been happily married to my wonderful husband, Ryan, for four amazing years.
- I love all animals, and it breaks my heart to see people treat them cruelly. If I was financially able to, I’d adopt dozens more pets just to give them a happy, healthy home. We have two cats of our own, Lefty and Felix, who were adopted from an animal shelter. If you have never even thought about the idea of adopting a pet, please do so today.
- I do writing-related stuff mainly only on Tuesdays, and devote the rest of the week to spending time with my husband, family, and friends.
- I grew up in a small town, in the countryside of Minnesota land, the eldest of five daughters. There, my sisters and I were raised with raising sheep, chickens, and rabbits, while maintaining the balance in our 4-H club.
- I love alternative music, which is also my fave. My top three bands include: Mumford & Sons (#1), Of Monsters and Men, and Gregory Alan Isakov. I enjoy listening to these during my writing time.
- I am an avid reader. I’m currently reading Emily Bronte’s novel, “Wuthering Heights,” and am enjoying it so far. I love reading on a daily basis.
- I enjoy the hobbies of knitting and painting, and am looking forward to taking up sewing projects sometime in the near future. I love finding fun hobbies to do such as these, which also preoccupies your mind from the negative effects of social media and news broadcasts.
- The only genre I write is romantic-suspense, which also has to have a life lesson about God incorporated within the story. I plan to do exactly what my website’s slogan proclaims: write to change lives; lives, that is, that teach about God, for He is my #1 reason for doing and having everything in my life.
- I try to visit my parents’ home, my first home, as often as I can, and try to do so at least once a month. During this time, I spend Friday night with them, cooking and baking with my parents, laughing with my sisters, playing with their dog, and bonding with my grandmother.
- My favorite food is homemade mac and cheese – yum!
- I am a coffee & tea addict! I also really love chai tea latte. My favorite teas range from the gas station Arizona teas to chai tea & green teas. Oh, and I always take my coffee stark black, no matter what brand it comes from, and have been drinking coffee since I was twelve.
- God willing, I plan to one day visit all 50 states. Our most recent road trip took us through Wyoming, which was the most beautiful state I’ve seen yet.
- My husband I have been to Spain.
- I strive to read the Bible daily. I try to read at least 2 chapters every morning before work and 1 devotional. After my Bible study, I do a lot of praying. I find immense comfort and peace in doing both.