6 October 2017
I can’t believe it’s fall already! Wow how time flies when you’re having fun, living life and serving the Lord! Today, I have now been a Christian for 5 years. It seems just like yesterday when I was immersed under the waters, baptized, and renewed in newness of life. Being a Christian these past 5 years has been a difficult but fulfilling road. Growing up, my parents raised me in the strong routine of attending church on a regular basis, praying as often as possible, and constantly searching for God’s truth in your life as far as the plan He has for you. He has a unique and beautiful plan for each and every one of us, and gradually, as I grow older, at age 29 I’m learning more and more of what it means to not give up on God, to keep unwavering trust and faith in Him, and how important it is to always put God first in your life. I hope that these truths are as encouraging to you as they are every day to me.
Therefore, below are the top ten things that I’ve learned since first becoming a Christian.
- God is not only omnipresent, but he is 100% involved in my life. No matter what fears, worries, or stress-related happenings occur upon my day, God is always right there listening to me and answering my prayers even when I do not know His answers.
- When you submit full control of your life and particularly your future to God, amazing things happen. He blesses our lives immensely, and we gradually learn to have a stronger faith in Him.
- When you pray to God, the Holy Spirit intercedes for you on your behalf, so that your prayers to God’s ears always sound perfectly done. Those words you can’t completely express the way you’d like to, God already knows what you want and need and answers your prayers.
- God’s answers to prayers isn’t always no, but quite often is “not yet.” This is one of the hardest lessons I’ve learned while being a Christian. An even harder element is accepting that and moving on with your life even though every bone in your body is desperate to know the answer.
- God amazingly blesses us in our lives. I have an amazing husband, a wonderful job, an enjoyable passion for writing, and a loving family. God is good.
- Evangelism is hard, but worth it. The more heavily I become involved in my church, the more I understand this. it’s not just a success when somebody becomes a baptized Christian, but even telling people about Jesus is a success. Because it’s exactly what God wants for us to do.
- There are amazing people in the church who love you very much, who are like family, and who will always support you. They will never judge you, because everyone deals with their own imperfections and struggles in life. Everybody is a work in progress. All that is important is that you are constantly working on your imperfections, as opposed to accepting them about yourself. God wants us to constantly work to be better and happier people.
- There will be people who cross your path who become receptively cold to your Christian message. Even some of you out there might see my blog post and think to yourself, “what a load of garbage.” But if you preach the Word of God with love and honestly tell them so, particularly with what I am doing to you right now, to them it might be tough love, but it’s the only way to evangelize, the most important thing God wants us to do in our lives. If someone you love doesn’t understand that, let it go if they become angry and cold. But don’t give up. Keep showing yourself as a good example of how to live a Christian life, and keep working hard to do right in God’s eyes. In the end, it’ll be so incredibly worth it.
- It is soooo amazing to be married to a Christian spouse, someone to come home to every day who greets you with love and is always supportive to you. The inspiration he or she gives you will be the best; trust them in their wisdom. If you are going through a trial or struggle, just be upfront and honest with them about it. After praying about it first, of course.
- Becoming a baptized Christian is the best decision I ever made in my life. It is such a simple action. All you need to do is believe in Jesus’ words in the Bible by believing in Him, confessing and repenting your sins to God, and becoming immersed with water for the forgiveness of sins. The Greek word for “baptism” is “baptismo,” which translated means, “to submerge or immerse,” which means to plunge someone completely under water. This puts you into the death of Christ, and then taken out of water renewed in Christ with a brand new, beautiful life that begins free from sin and vowing to God that you are going to live your life for Him going forward until one day, you find yourself in eternal paradise. This is what the Bible says, and this is what being a Christian is all about.
I love being a Christian. It’s the most important thing in my life, and I have yet to regret it. There’s nothing more comforting than bringing your troubles to the Lord to handle and take care of. He already has your prayers answered. But He loves you serving Him every day. If any of you has questions on the things I mentioned above, please message me privately. But please, keep any ugly words you may think of to yourself. Life is too short for ugly words anyway.
And for those of you who are Christians, keep on keep’n on. Don’t give up, and remember, your hard work will be rewarded one day.
Have a good rest of your month, and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!